Saturday 10 October 2009

South Shields to back Joe McElderry



Get a Free ring tone. 1000's of ring tones available from Jamster.
Click for your Free ring tone



The whole of South Tyneside looks set to back local boy Joe McElderry to success in this years X-Factor Final.

Joe was selected by fellow Geordie and X-Factor judge Cheryl Cole to be one of the final 12 after his performance in Morocco saw Cheryl select him as on of the to make the Boys category for the finals.

Joe told his local paper the Shield Gazette that: "When Cheryl was telling me, it was the longest five minutes of my life and my legs were like jelly.

"When she said 'you're in my top three', I couldn't believe it. It just doesn't seem real."

The paper has alse created Go Joe! posters which have already started going up across the borough.

Not tobe outdone local politicians have also got in the act with South Shields MP and Foreign Secretary David Miliband reported as saying: "I'm absolutely delighted that Joe's through to the live finals.

"I wrote to Joe a couple of weeks ago to wish him the best of luck and I have no doubt Joe will make South Shields very proud."

The Mayor of South Tyneside Coun John Anglin said: "It was fantastic to see Joe get through to the live finals.

"He is clearly a very talented young man, and he is a great ambassador for young people in South Tyneside.

"I have no doubt the people of the borough and beyond will get behind Joe, and give him their full support when the live shows start on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment